What is the best Laptop For Work while Travelling?
The decision of buying a laptop for general purpose and for traveling is quite different. Here you need to think about traveling needs while shopping a great laptop for traveling.
What includes in your traveling needs are:
Your laptop must be versatile and lightweight, has lots of battery life and the last one is you can store plenty of data in it. To have more productive results, you need to be kept in mind these points. Moreover, the graphics card is one of the important key factors for gaming as well as for traveling (videos plus photography), but it heats up the system soon. So, you have to consider weight, storage, and battery life.
Comparison Table | Editor’s Choices
Check, really you need all these aspects in laptops for traveling and work? Yes, In this article all laptops for traveling are based on the specs discussed in the article…
I am a crazy tourist and love Photography and video making during my Journey.
When I started my journeys, I had no idea about traveling requirements, I need to carry, except for one thing. I still deem this to be the essential thing .i.e. the availability of a computer that can hold all my memories.
If you are a traveler like me, then you would also want to save these priceless moments? To achieve this, you must get a laptop that has at least 1TB Hard Drive (to hold large data), lightweight (ideal for portability) and compact size. Last but not least, Battery timing.
If you are in a Hurry, Check out my Top Pick:
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID and the latest Apple-designed keyboard and force touch trackpad
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 616
Our top Choice: Apple MacBook Air
These are the basic requirements that are most important If you are planning for traveling. Thes specs can only be found in systems that are convertibles and high-end laptops. Price ranges may be varied according to your storage device.
Let’s get dive in our selection:
Top 10 Best laptops For Travel and Work in 2020 | Review Guide
Here are our top picks concerning its requirements of best travel laptops 2020 from Budget to High End. It is the best review of travel laptops under budget.
Distribution of Best Laptops For Travel and Work
- Best Lightweight Travel Laptops
- Best Travel Laptops with Storage (SSD+HDD)
- Travelling Laptops with battery life (10 hours min.)
- Best Non-Touch Screens Laptops
Best Lightweight Laptops for Travel and Work under 600
In traveling lightweight luggage is the topmost priority. If you are traveling or ready to fly abroad, you need to think about your laptop’s weight. It should be less than 3 pounds.
In this review guide, you will encounter all lightweight laptops for travel and work.
1. Samsung Chromebook Plus – [Best Overall]-Best 2 in 1 Chromebooks For Travel and Work under 400
- LIGHTWEIGHT 2-in-1 DESIGN At just under 3 pounds, the Chromebook Plus is...
- BUILT-IN PEN Experience the power of the incredibly precise built-in pen that...
- DUAL CAMERA Fold your laptop into tablet mode to capture clear shots and even...
It is the best Business travel laptop for doctors that is much slim and lightweight. If you are on go with plenty of luggage on traveling, you must prefer a lightweight laptop indeed. And this Samsung is the best 2 in 1 Chromebook under 400 that will work as a tablet for you as well as a laptop. It is lightweight enough under 3 pounds which is the most suitable choice to carry with you. Moreover, the beautiful stylus is also available for all the travelers to important markups for maps or locations. So you can easily use your stylus with your 2 in 1 Chromebook.
If you are interested in comfortable viewing and browsing, you can easily fold it into a tablet for comfortable use. Although, it has 4GB RAM still it is the most suitable with 32GB solid Flash drive. It is a 12.2 Inches display that operates with Chrome OS. However, Chromebooks are the best travel laptops.
It works for a long time as it has powerful battery life. So, you can carry this 2 in 1 laptop easily while traveling.
In addition, It is equipped with two cameras with unlimited views so that you can enjoy each travelling Fun with your priceless moments. It is a brief journey of using your travel laptop tablet and from tablet to sketchBook. You can enjoy the most lightweight 2 in 1 chromebook under 400 dollars in your travelling.
- Lightweight / portable
- Under Budget
2. ASUS Chromebook Flip C213SA-YS02-S – [Best Touch Screen]-Best laptop for business travel under 600
- The rugged and flexible 360 degree high strength zinc alloy hinge and 11.6" HD+...
- Rugged and lightweight Mil-STD-810G construction protects the C213 from drops...
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up...
If you need to use your laptop with a stylus pen on travel or in the Business meeting, then this is the best touch screen Chromebook under 600 dollars. It is the lightest in weight as compare to Samsung Chromebook Plus especially for travelling.
With a stylus EMR pen, you can use this travel laptop up to 12 hours maximum which is more than enough for usage. The advantage that attracts the users mostly is its spills proof touch screen. That prevents you from time to time loses.
This is equipped with Intel Dual-core processor for fast and efficient performance for both online and offline. It is the best Chromebook 64gb with lots of storage options. Moreover, it supports all android apps. It is the best budget travel laptop for businessmen.
This touch screen Chromebook comes with built-in antivirus protection with automatic updates. Traveling is an outdoor activity and what a big advantage is that it gives less strenuous viewing even in sunlight. This means during daylight you can use it well as you used to do indoors.
The most interactive and most responsive touch screen with stylus, makes your system more fast.
- Most interactive and Responsive
- Spill Proof
- No backlit Keyboard
3. Newest Acer R11– [Best 2 in 1]-Best 2 in 1 convertible Travel Laptop 2020
- Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor 1. 6GHz with Intel Burst Technology up...
- 11. 6" HD Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Touchscreen Display, supporting 10 finger...
- 4GB DDR3L Onboard Memory, 32GB SSD
It is the best convertible 2 in 1 computer under 300 dollars, If you want the lightweight to carry with you for your Business meetings. This Chromebook traveling computer is under budget, with quad-core Intel Celeron processor. That boost up your outdoor data processing.
The battery life it gives you maximum roundabout is 10 hours more than enough to spend your traveling hours with this battery duration. You can also say it as the best laptop for travel blogging.
Review Amazon Fire tablets that are the most suitable for travel and work.
Its 11 inches display gives you the best-LED IPS views. Talking about its connectivity, it is equipped with USB 3.0 that gives you super-fast data transfer speed.
Usually, you don’t expect more from $300, but this package is complete for your travel with its super-fast processor.
It gives you the best human interface input is a form of touch screens operating with Chrome OS. Most often we think that good 2 in 1 would be costly but here we are recommended super performance 2 in 1 touch screen convertibles Chromebooks under 300 dollars.
So, you can take a good start with the most portable 2 in 1 Chromebooks in your travelling.
- HDMI connector
- Long lasting battery
- No LED display
4. Acer Chromebook R 11 – [Best NoteBook]-Best Touch Notebook For Travel under 300
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which...
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music,...
Do you want to use your laptop in folding mode due to unavailability of space in transport during travel?
Obviously yes. Mostly we travel on local transport being a student or job seeker. And using a laptop in local transport is a bit difficult. You definitely need a tablet or folding device that can occupy less space. This Chromebook is the most suitable option for students in a limited budget.
This Acer Chromebook under 300 is very lightweight of 2.76 pounds that can easily carry during your long tours or traveling through local transports. It is a Touch screen display that can rotate in 360-degree angles to make it most comfortable in use.
Packed with 4GB RAM and 32GB hard drive, it is the best Chromebook with Chrome OS. Chromebook come with built-in storage for offline access for your important files. It has additionally 100GB google drive space to ensure that all of your important files are backed up automatically.
If you are in search of best laptops for travel and work with awesome battery consumption, then this chromeBook noteBook is the best choice for you.
- Solid Battery
- 360 rotation to be used in long travels
- No con as such
5. ASUS C302CA- [Best Lightweight]-Best Laptop for Travel under 600
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use...
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient...
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum...
Asus C302 is the lightest best touch screen convertible Chromebook flip for traveling. It can be easily Flip into any size. It is the most portable machine in our complete article.
Although It comes with 12.5 Inches Full HD Touch Screen and a flexible 360 Degree hinge that can be used in tablet mode as well as a Laptop. For traveling laptops, screen size does not matter in most cases, what matter is its storage. It is packed with Intel Core m3 processor, the m3 processor means it offers better battery life by sacrificing computing power. So we can say it is the plus point for traveling laptops.
Equipped with 64GB storage and 4GB of RAM gives this system fast and efficient performance with a bright illuminated keyboard. No doubt it is incredibly lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a steel-aluminum metal body.
Its performance is so much fast that it starts up its processor within seconds without consuming much time and lasts all day nearly. Battery run times shows its 10 hours performance with Chrome OS.
Most demanding, The ASUS C302 has the most advanced and flexible port available for faster data transfer, the USB 3.1 Type-C. The USB 3.1 Type-C port has everything you need all in one connection type. You can use it to for best travel notebook to charge the C302 and have the most speedy USB 3 data transfer to give you peace of mind that the C302 will be future-proof for years to come that is the most suitable for all traveling laptops.
Also, It has reversible plug orientation and cable direction that gives the ability to connect your favorite devices, and you can also enjoy a MicroSD slot and a standard audio jack.
- Android Apps, Play and Catching Up
- Thin, Sleek, Lightweight
- Stay Connected and productive
- Full-Size Chiclet Keyboard
- Powered By Intel Core Processors
- Next Generation port Configuration
- Built-In Security Features
- Free 100GB Storage with Google drive
- Operational speed
- Boot speed
- Battery life that rivals a good tablet’s
- Sound System can be improved
B. Best Storage (SSD+HDD) Travel Laptops
For traveling, Sometimes you prefer storage more than anything so that you can occupy your all data. This is my top-notch Choices of best storage with HDD and SSD.
Have a look:
2. ASUS VivoBook – [Best 15 Inch]-Best Asus Laptop for Travel under 800
- Powerful Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.1GHz) processor
- 14.2 Inches wide, 0.8 Inches thin and portable footprint with 0.3 Inches...
- 15.6 inches anti glare Full HD 1920x1080 WideView display with ASUS Splendid...
Asus Vivo is the lightweight budget laptop to travel with. This Asus VivoBook is a combination of beauty and performance. Available in several colors and finishes, VivoBook 15 is a Windows 10 laptop powered by the latest generation processor.
With this laptop, you can customize your storage with your own choice. That is Up to 16GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB SSD Boot plus 2TB HDD. These packages are the best for traveling laptop.
It is 15.6 inches full IPS HD display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 with wide View Anti-glare IPS LED Backlight. You can enjoy gaming and software too with this Asus VivoBook. Its specialty is that it is not restricted to only laptops to travel with but is also for other usages.
It is packed with 7th generation core i5 dual-core processor with (2.5GHz up to 3.1GHz) and Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphics card.
Now, you can enjoy its Data transfers ports more efficiently with presence of one USB 3.0, one USB 3.1 Type-C, two USB 2.0, one HDMI port.
- Backlit KeyBoard
- Fingerprint Reader
- Mediocre battery life
C. Best Travel Laptops with Long Battery Life
Obviously, you never want that during travel you have to stop at each station for recharging your laptop’s battery. If it’s really like this, have a review on my top selected list of travel laptops with long term battery.
1. ASUS ZenBook- [Best High End]-Best High-End Laptop for Travel under 1000
- 13.3-Inch wide-view Full-HD Nano-edge bezel display; A specially designed 50Wh...
- Latest 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core Processor (6M Cache, up to...
- Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SATA SSD with 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
Asus ZenBook is the latest lightweight model for best travelling laptop. It is the most portable for travel computer. With travelling, it is also a good laptop for gaming as we discussed some gaming collection of budget laptops in our some previous articles. It is the best travel laptop for photographers.
Presenting with 13.3 Inches full wide nano edge bezel display, this Asus zen is ideal with respect to its storage. This Zen is the Latest 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) for boost up activities. With its fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SATA SSD with 8GB RAM, you can enjoy most gaming and some other Business activities. It is the best high-end laptop for travel for Business Class.
It provides the best extensive connectivity with HDMI/USB Type C.
- Create at a speed of Light
- Effortless portability
- Nano Edge display
- Charge upto 60% in 45 mints
- Harman Kardon modified Audio
- Fingerprint scanner is responsive
- Sharp Screen
- No dedicated Insert Key
2. Lenovo Flex 14 – [Best 16GB]-Best 2 in 1 convertible laptop for Travelling under 1000
- POWERFUL 2-IN-1 LAPTOP: Intel Core i7-8550U Processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe...
- ON-THE-GO VERSITILITY: This 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop is flexible & adaptable,...
- ENTERTAINMENT HUB: Settle in for a movie—you’ll see every frame in crisp...
It is the most powerful 2-in-1 laptop with Intel Core i7-8550U Processor, with different flavors of RAM 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce MX130 Graphics.
It is a 14″ IPS Touchscreen with 720p HD Camera and Windows 10 operating system.
This 2-in-1 Convertible Flex 14 is a flexible & adaptable system which is featuring with polished aluminum surfaces and a 360° hinge that effortlessly transitions from tablet to laptop mode and back to its original position when needed. It is very stylish and is adaptable.
In this Flex 14, you’ll see every frame in crisp detail with wide-angle FHD display, edged with narrow bezels and featuring 250 nits brightness. This Laptop Computer is packed with all of the speed and power you need to streamline your daily tasks. This 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor provides great touchscreen and pen responsiveness for all engineering students, fast boot ups for heavy games and seamless multitasking.
- Sleek, well designed
- The full array of Ports
- Fingerprint sensor
- No cons are under consideration
3. Apple MacBook Air – [Best Mac]-Best Business Laptop for Travel Under 2000
- Stunning 13.3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID and the latest Apple-designed keyboard and force touch trackpad
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 616
Apple MacBook Air, One of the biggest differences between Apple’s 13inch MacBook laptops is the display. MacBook Air is the older version of Apple as compared to the Apple MacBook Pro, so the pixel density is lower but not bad.
This Air has a native 1440×900 screen resolution compared to the 2560×1600 Retina resolution on the 13inch MacBook Pro, and this is the only difference that can differentiate it. Otherwise, it is the best professional selection especially for all types of business sectors. It is also the best travel laptop for Photographers.
Although, its screen size is 13 inches with 1.6Ghz dual-core and 8GB of storage, available in silver, space grey, and golden colours. That gives a lot of space to cope with fat data storage. Moreover, it is the most lightweight laptop that is easily carried for Business meetings and travels.
It is the best security system with fingerprint touch and T2 Chip technology that beats all security barriers.
Its battery timing is fantastic, gives you 12 hours of your first charge that is best for your traveling activity.
- Four Million Pixels display
- Touch ID
- Apple T2 Security Chip Technology
- Redesigned with more stable keys ( with ambient light sensor)
- Force Touch Trackpad
- A sound that speaks volume
- 12 hours battery charge
- Thunderbolt 3 (all in one)
- Best Security
- Expensive Choice
D. Best Non-TouchScreen Travel Laptops
Sometimes, you need a system with nearly all the good points and do not think much about Touch Screens. So this list is no doubt a little bit expensive and can hold your pocket but believe me, these are the dead sure nice collection.
Have a review :
1. GIGABYTE AERO – [Best Gaming]-Best Laptops For Travel and Work under 3000
- 15.6" 3mm Ultra-thin bezel | AUO UHD Adobe RGB 100% 3840x2160 IPS Anti-Glare...
- Intel Core i9-8950HK (2.9Ghz-4.8GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GDDR6 8GB...
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M.2 NVMe PCIe 1TB Intel 760P SSD |...
Best Budget Travel Laptop
Although it is a bit heavy laptop for traveling but specified here because of its more storage for traveling.
Gigabyte aero, the thin bezel UHD with IPS Adobe RGB, is the most demanding and under budget gaming laptop that comes with the latest Intel Core i9 processor (2.9Ghz-4.8GHz). With the most powerful graphics card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 that is the most suitable choice for gamers. It is the best budget travel laptop for Students.
Moreover, GDDR6 8GB RAM Supports NVIDIA Optimus technology for more storage and room for data.
Microsoft Azure AI is the combination of all Intel inside with Intel Thunderbolt 3 connectivity connections and also with Intel Wi-Fi AC adapter. It runs with 10 hours of extended battery life that is a benefit for gamers, as well as for all professionals. It has RGB backlit programmable keyboard for students and gamers for night shifts. It is also a big choice and the best travel laptop for photographers.
- 4k UHD IPS display
- Intel 760p SSD
- Killer doubleshot pro
- Supra cool
- Solid Build quality
- Speed and 3D capabilities
- Built in speakers are little bit irritating
Offers, sales and best Slim Laptops on sale
Below you will find a list of the most interesting offers and promotions for the best lightweight laptops in 2019 – 2020:
- The Laptop 15.6 inch with 1920 x 1080 FHD resolution screen breaks the low-end...
- The 15.6 Thin netbook is equipped with Intel 64bit celeron series and quad core...
- The YELLYOUTH notebook 15.6 equipped with front camera, mini hdmi, usb3.0,...
You will need a system with at least a battery run time of 10 hours. These all will give you a complete package for traveling.
|What are the basic requirements||Recommended Values|
|Battery Run time||Minimum 7 hours ( Ideal 10 hours)|
|Hard Drive||Recommended 1TB|
|Portability||Lightweight (up to 4 pounds)|
What are the Considerations behind these best laptops for Travel and Work?
Battery Run Time:
When you are traveling most importantly, you have not the facility to charge your laptop from time to time. And your traveling requirements demand best value laptops so that you can store lots of data whenever you want.
Your laptop should take charge of at least 10 hours for a long time. Mostly Acer predators are the best laptops that are super demanding gaming laptops with long term battery charges.
I used to recommend gaming specs especially because gaming laptops are the most powerful and have lots of storage. With all these gaming laptops are packed with high-performance processors that can help a lot in our video makings and editing.
Why start with 1TB HDD for Travelling Laptops? ( Most ideals are systems with 2TB)
If you want a hell of your photo collection of photos and videos. A laptop less than 1TB somehow carry this, but videos need more than this. So Ideally 1TB is best for other documentation if your traveling is researched based and you have packed all the crucial documentaries and files.
Moreover, I will like to recommend some 2TB laptops for Traveling so that you can get all the stuff in my article at one place.
Say Why to Light Weight Laptops recommendations?
I will give you all the answers, as you are here to find more and more about a laptop for travelling that is lightweight.
Here is a reason why to have a laptop that is lightweight and portable. Because traveling requires lots of things to carry. It would be demanding that you have a computer of 5 pounds or more than this. So here you will find some laptops with lightweight, some with the extended battery, and with more storage for a travel laptop.
These all are small travel laptops that are lightweight, with good battery life and more storage as we know that these are all factors that are the most critical factors for traveling laptops.
Last update on 2020-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API