Best Video Editing laptops under 500
Video editing is something that requires a powerful laptop. The higher resource consumption can slow down a traditional laptop. Normal video editing is something considerable, but when you dealing with 4K video projects combined with special effects, a fast processor and a high-resolution becomes necessary.
Although you can easily get the best video editing laptop as there are a plethora of brands offering a range of laptops to help you pick the one that suits your demands. But some people are not willing to spend too much for a laptop for video editing.
Therefore, I have compiled this list of best video editing laptops 2021 to help budget people enjoy fast processing speed and higher resolution without breaking the bank.
After getting advice from experts about the best video editing laptops, I have shared pros, cons, and other options for eight laptops in this article to help you make an informed decision without spending a dime.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
Comparison Table | Editor’s Choice of 2021
8 Best Laptops For Video Editing Under $500 | Review Guide
1. ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop | Best video editing laptops under 500
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body...
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
What are the best video editing laptops? The search for budget laptops for video editing is not an easy task. As video editing needs heavy software to run with processings of videos and movies. But nowadays Asus Vivobook 15 thin and light laptop is trending on top position.
This Asus Vivobook 15 laptop is a good computer in all aspects.i.e. for gaming, online streaming and to deal with software. It supports light gaming, not ultra gaming. ( because of its 8GB RAM)
Whether you are at work or play, ASUS VivoBook 15 is the compact computer that immerses you in whatever you set out to do. Its new frameless four-sided NanoEdge 15 inches display boasts an ultra-slim 5.7mm bezel, introducing an amazing 88% screen-to-body ratio for supreme immersive visuals. It is integrated with a new ergo lift hinge backlit keyboard.
This budget video editing compact laptop is powered by an AMD Quad-Core processor that gives you more in less. With fast-moving life, you would need something lightweight that you can carry with you. Its slate grey color is business choice in series.
Just to make your purchase more satisfactory, Review its customers Feedback here.
And for more Models of Asus Vivobook Thin and lightweight laptops go Here.
- It has an Ultra-fast quad-core CPU with Excellent performance.
- It has an Exactitude touchpad.
- It has Plentiful Ports.
- Asus Vivibook has 8 GB Memory with 256 GB SSD
- AMD Radeon R7 Series
- Good screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Backlit keyboard
- Average battery life
2. 2019 Lenovo Idealpad 330 quad core | Best laptops for video editing
- Intel Pentium N5000 1. 1GHz up to 2. 7GHz, Quad-core; Powerful Intel Pentium...
- 15. 6" display Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED backlight....
- 16GB DDR4 system Memory for intense multitasking and gaming; 2TB HDD offer...
What is the best laptops for video editing under 500?? The Lenovo IdeaPad 330 comes with a lot of configuration but it looks like a normal laptop. It is a slim and light-weighted laptop that has just 4.85lbs weight. It comes with HD resolution, 15.6” screen, and 2TB HDD, it is best for gaming and multitasking with the system memory of 16GB DDR4. However, it has not extended battery life but it delivers higher data transfer rates. It is rectangular with rounded edges.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 330 is an affordable 15-inch laptop with a good keyboard and sturdy chassis, but its performance and short battery life hold it back. It is the best Lenovo Ideapad laptops For video Editing Under budget.
If you have a low budget and need a laptop for everyday use then it is a great choice for you. It has a robust chassis with good screen size and comfortable keyboard but its subpar performance spoils the fun. Moreover, Lenovo IdeaPad 330 has nоt good display and solid battery life that would be a problem for those who are looking for a better system.
- It is fairly affordable
- Hard-plastic construction makes it more durable
- It is a quad-core with 2TB HDD hard drive
- Comfortable and great keyboard
- It is lighted weighted that you can take it where life takes you
- It has a dim display comparatively
3. 2021 Newest ASUS VivoBook | Video editing laptop
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB DDR4 memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM...
- Hard Drive is upgraded to 128GB SSD + 500GB HDD provides massive storage space...
- 15.6 inch FHD(1920 x 1080) LED with four-sided wider NanoEdge bezel display, AMD...
Another, Asus Laptop that is lightweight and is a perfect fit for students. If you want to spend a decent chunk of change on your Business laptop, this newest Asus vivobook is laptop good for video editing. This 8GB RAM laptop wins the hearts of users and categorized in the full five stars for it.
This matte silver grey designed laptop is the best adaptable tool for creative work. It is a mixed combo of fastest processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U(Beat i7-7500U) and 8GB RAM 128GB SSD plus 500GB HDD, Radeon Vega 8. With only, it weighs 3.7lbs that is much portable for traveling. Plus point is Vega 8 uses shared RAM with the system.
You can have many options but these 15 inches will provide maximum high-efficiency power to go for all kinds of tasks. (not a touch screen display)We can say it is suitable for Ultra gaming too because its Ram can be easily upgraded. You can enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage, and gaming.
- Easily upgradeable RAM
- Bulky storage
- Upgradeable hard drive
- Without Thunderbolt 3
4. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop | Best editing laptop under 500
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (Upto 3.9 gram Hz) | 8 GB DDR4...
- 15.6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD...
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off...
When you are spending a handsome amount on a laptop’s purchase, the purpose is always not only to use it for only one specific task. But to use it as a multi-purpose machine. (where Online streaming, travel, and schools come on the top of the list.)Here we have the same thing you need to owe for your tasks and other stuff.
Introducing the latest 8th generation, with Core i5 for editing different videos and software. Packed with 8GB of RAM, 256GB SSD, and Core i5 CPU. That provides super-fast processing. Plus it gives you long battery timing approximately 9 hours.
Besides these all features, on Amazon Platform this is the most selling product to fulfill the daily routine needs of your life. 15Inches of the display is the perfect pick for online streaming and Online teaching.
- Backlit Keyboard
- Super charging
- Extensive connectivity
- Sharp visuals
- Not a thunderbolt 3 laptop
5. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14″| 8Gb Laptop For Video editing Under 500
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful...
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and...
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful...
Meet one of the best 14 inches video editing laptops: The Lenovo laptop with 14 inches of display with FHD resolution. Its narrow bezels on both sides of the display eliminate the clutter that helps to deliver a cleaner, more Sharper visual experience. When added AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics it delivers powerful performance for everyday tasks.
This elegant slate grey design is very much portable and handy. Its multi-core processing power offers incredible bandwidth for getting more faster, on several applications at once. Either it is a daily routine task or bulky software. Although it never supports ultra gaming. Online streaming and video chats are good parts of this laptop.
Its Q-Control lets you easily switch between “Max modes” for faster performance and the “battery saving mode” for quieter user experience. Under $500 it is a Solid Purchase and the most economical for Students.
Customer Feedback for your good Purchase.
- Long-lasting Performance
- Better privacy options
- 14 Inches ( Perfect for School/Uni)
- Dopoundsy Audio
- Not Suitable for Ultra Gaming
6. 2021 Dell Inspiron 3000 | Best Dell laptop For Video editing Under 500
A search for good laptops stops when you get budget laptops with quality features and specifications. Definitely, Dell accompanies us here in finding economical computers with the latest upgrades. This touch screen backlit computer is a very fast 8th generation with quad-core i5 that is competing for the i7 processor’s capabilities. That’s why it is best in all aspects.
This laptop with a backlit keyboard is the perfect pick for college students and writers. Battery backup is approximately 5 hours with light gaming and normal Online streaming. Coming towards its storage, its 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM and 1TB SATA hard drive combines when both gives super-fast processing time and loading options.
Recommended this video editing computer for students and streaming under budget price.
Review Customer’s Feedback here.
- Comfortable backlit keyboard
- Full HD touch screen
- Good performance
- Comes with a cheap price tag
- Not a gaming laptop
7. HP Dual Core Maxx Audio | Best Cheap video editing laptops
- AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 APU processor (2.6 GHz, up to 2.9 GHz), AMD Radeon R4...
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 1TB HDD for serviceable file storage space
- 15.6 Inch BrightView glossy screen, 1366 x 768 HD resolution, windows 10
HP, the best computer for video editing under 500 is undoubtedly one of the better choices when it comes to buying a durable, portable design and low-budget laptop. The ‘2019 newest premium 15.6 inches HP laptop’ is perfect for traveling due to its extended battery life, portability, and sleek design. You can take it wherever you go. It gives your responsive performance with the AMD A6 processor. However, it is a mid-range computer but it offers 9 hours of solid battery life and ample hard drive storage. It is a solid option whether you are a student or worker as it meets professional needs. Furthermore, it is an affordable option for everyday use.
It is an ideal choice for business persons who travel to other places most of the time due to its portable design. Students can also take it to the college due to its sleek design and do MS offices work on it. With extra-large battery life (up to 9 hours) and responsive performance, 2019 newest premium HP can be good for office workers too to work all day long without charging. It is the best 15Inch laptops for video editing under budget.
- It has a very expensive Performance
- Reliable and sturdy structure
- It is very Budget-friendly
- Portable and good for traveling
- Solid battery life with Up to 9 hours
- No backlit keyboard
- Bit slow when you open multiple files at once
8. HP Pavilion | Thin and Lightweight laptop For Video editing under 500
- Intel Dual Core AMD A6-9225 2.6Ghz Base Frequency Burst Frequency up to 3.0Ghz,...
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to...
- 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) LED backlight display, No Touchscreen
HP Pavilion budget laptops for video editing comes with a 1TB hard drive that provides ample space for large files to store your important work or personal data with ease. The overall performance of this machine is very good that is good for professionals and students. It also supports the day-to-day usage. It comes with a glossy and bright screen with a 15.6″ display. The screen maintains the vibrant colors of imagery and video. It has an LED backlight and 1366 x 768 HD resolutions. You can do multitasking as its RAM has 8GB memory. The ample bandwidth RAM helps to run more than one app and browsers tab smoothly at a time. It provides a very productive and great multimedia experience and delivers top-rated security and flexibility.
However, the HP Pavilion is not as powerful as that of other HP laptops but its good design and the affordable price tag makes it worth your attention. It is a cool option for students who don’t need to work on the computer all day long. It is an extremely light weighted laptop 2021 that you can take it wherever you go. However, it has some flaws but it is a good choice for home personal use. It is the best thin laptop for video editing for all photographers. It is an Affordable HP laptop with a 1TB hard drive and 8GB RAM. It offers you a large space to save all your digital data.
- Attractive and portable design
- It has a lot of ports and Webcam
- Its Touchscreen works well
- HP Pavilion has a good battery life
- Windows 10 64-bit OS
- It has a combo of microphone and headphone
- Touch Screen works well
- It comes in S mode
- Its startup system is not fast.
Buying GUIDE | Video Editing Laptop’s Requirements
How to pick the perfect laptop for video editing? A big question. But this Computer Buying Cheat Sheet will help in finding a good one. Let’s Check!
- RAM | 8GB -32GB
The very First thing is Storage, RAM required to run any software for video editing needs 8GB of RAM minimum. 8GB to 32GB RAM is ideal while buying the laptops.
- Processors | Multi-Core
Multicore processors are the basic requirement like you can opt for Core i5 up to Core i9 processors. Probably, four or more processors are best.
You require at least 256 GB hard drive with 7200 RPM, preferably SSD (fastest), and HDD also good. You can still buy as much as you can afford and with that, you can always add external hard drives. Avoid the SATA drive if possible.
Graphics play a vital role here. Checking and Buying a laptop with good GPU depends on video editing software. For example, Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve do well with both AMD and NVIDIA. (with at least minimum 2GB memory)
Purchasing or Buying a laptop does not mean just to throw money. But to spend money on the right choice. Finding a laptop for video editing under budget is a difficult task. Here 8 best laptops are mentioned after thorough research. All laptops are best and perfect in their own place with their brands and specifications.
But whizz recommendations are the two which I prefer, is Asus Vivobook thin and Lightweight, and Acer Aspire 5 slim Laptops. One thing I want to mention here is For video editing Thunderbolt connectivity is an optional part but still that If you need a laptop for Video editing with its Thunderbolt ports 3, Do review this Guide.
And If you need to edit videos with 4k resolution, 32GB RAM is a must. For this Review our GUIDE on 32GB laptops.
FAQS by You About Best video editing laptops under 500
- How much RAM do I need to edit 4k video?
Usually, a minimum of 16 GB of RAM for HD is fine, but with 4K or 6K editing, 32GB RAM is required. With this data must be quickly accessible to both the CPU and RAM so storage speed is crucial. Otherwise, it results in slow CPU and RAM performance, no matter how fast those other components are.
- Is i5 enough for video editing?
Multicore is very important but the only reason you should pick an i5 over an i7 is if you’re new to video editing and if you want a cheap build that isn’t too expensive. Moreover, i5 is a viable CPU if you decide to edit at 1080P, however, 2K & 4K will result in slow performance due to no hyper-threading.
- Is SSD good for video editing?
Mostly, SSD drives have a reputation for being much faster than hard-disk drives no doubt. However, for video editing, what you really need is a sustained transfer rate, and while SSDs are still faster and good for video editing.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API